Friday 1 April 2011

Superhero Hair - Live Color XXL Cool Scarlet

Feeling more than a little lacklustre last week I decided to freshen up my hair colour. While browsing through the isles it hit me that I had tried all too many dyes and often had the same result. This time I wanted something more bold and striking so I chose Live Color XXL in the shade Cool Scarlet.
Perhaps the girl in the promo image swayed me, but I just think this colour is absolutely gorgeous. Honestly, if I could get away with Rihanna red in the office I would go for it, but I have to stay sensible. Of course I knew my hair would never match the shade above, and I made sure it wouldn't be too bright by only keeping it on for 20 minutes (versus the 30 mins recommended time).
So here it is - my super hero hair! 
It's pretty red isn't it! I used two boxes of dye, and still managed to miss a few areas, so I have to warn you that this isn't the easiest dye to work with, and it is very drying. However, I love the colour!
It's 'just' dark enough to sit on the right side of wearable, but still very full and vibrant. I know it won't stay like this for long since every time I wash it the colour runs atrociously and makes the water a rather frightening shade of dark pink.
So for now I will just have to make the most of being a red head! Look out Miss Amy Childs ;) hahaha.

Are you tempted to join the red brigade? Have you ever tried Live Color XXL? xxx
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. This is gorgeous!!! It makes your eyes stand out so much, and the shine is enviable :) Looking forward to seeing how it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is stunning and looks great on you. You are such a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Amy Childs must wash her hair with hair dye :P xxShivvyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, absolutely gorguz hun :) the colour is so vibrant!

    Love Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I've thought about going red once or twice but Im too in love with jet black hair :( haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous colour and it really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour is absolutely stunning on you! So shiny and gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This colour looks amazing on you! :D

    I'm off permanent colour after years of XXL Deep Black left me a silicone loaded mess :( but black is as black does I guess. Maybe I'll try something braver once I've recovered ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colour is so beautiful especially with the strong red lip! Makes me want to go red when I see photos like this!

    http://heatherdoesmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color. I dye my hair a darker, milder red like this when I feel like toning it down :) How pretty!

    Love the look with your pale hair and red lips. All hail redheads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your hair looks fab! Love the vibrant colour, shame I cant pull it off!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazinggg!!!! It goes so well with your face it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did this work out? I'm thinking about trying the purple and I want to know how long it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I really want this colour but I am scared of going permanent anyone know any semi-permanent like this colour? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the colour suits you so well! It's so vibrant and rich!

    I'm thinking of dying my hair for the first time...and in red, too! Therefore, I'd like to ask you for tips! How did the colour work out for you after a few months? Did it stay as vibrant? And you mentioned it wasn't the easiest to apply -- why and what should I watch out for?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. whats the name of this color

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! I actually live this colour so much I think I'm going to take the plunge and dye my hair this colour too!! How is it with fading? I know a lot of red dyes turn orange after a few washes :/

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig